history in more detail
Click on the images
for larger versions.
re-design work in progress.
re-design in Oct. 2011.
Davenport College room
is on the Museum's
second floor. Although most of the very earliest records and
memorabilia from the College were lost to Union soldiers in
1865, and the next oldest were destroyed in the 1877 fire,
the Museum holds a range of pictures and artifacts that
reflect life at Davenport from its founding in the 1850's until
its closing in 1933.
exemplifies the Museum's continuing attention to its permanent
exhibits, in the ongoing work to provide the most attractive and
engaging displays possible of its many treasures. The room was
painted and drastically reorganized in the second half of 2010,
and was then re-designed again over the summer months of 2011.
All of the pictures on this
thumbnails, that is, clicking on them will bring up larger
Pre-2010, the many yearbooks, catalogs,
student records, and similar materials on display.
These materials are still available, though in a more organized