The Caldwell County music
rooms are on the
Museum's second floor. They display band uniforms from the
several Caldwell County schools, past and present, most notably
from the Lenoir High School Band (1924-1977); as well as
photographs, scrapbooks, trophies, and some recordings.
All of the pictures below are
thumbnails, that is, clicking on them will bring up larger
The collection in the
two connected rooms covers a broad range of donated
This (above) is one
of several Lenoir High School Band uniforms used over
the years of the band's existence. Below is another one.
The most typical uniform over the years however was
black with white accents, such as with the belt buckle
The LHS band was
founded by Dr. James C. Harper in 1924 with instruments donated
by the American Legion Post; and was one of the first
high school bands in North Carolina.